Cyri Dixon has joined the Department of Physics & Astronomy as an undergraduate academic advisor, replacing Tamara Young, who has stepped down to work on obtaining a Ph.D. in physics.
Some of Cyri's responsibilities include:
- Advising new, current, and transfer students
- Course planning and prerequisites
- Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS) reports and degree requirements
- University and departmental policies
- Updating and editing departmental resources
A graduate of Utah State University with a degree in Physical Sciences Education, Cyri also has minors in physics and chemistry teaching. She is currently working on a Masters of Public Administration degree at the U. Originally from Idaho, she returned to Utah after living in the Midwest and teaching middle school science and engineering in Arizona. She loves camping, sports, Wonder Woman, and her dog, Roka.
Welcome to the department!