You are here:


University of Utah Admissions

Transfer Center

Becoming a Physics Major (or Minor)

Becoming an undergraduate Physics major is a simple process, starting with admission to the University of Utah.

Any student can become a physics pre-major by specifying "Physics" on their application to the University of Utah, or informing the University Registrar. It is advisable to do this early to ensure receiving information about the major and staying advised of any changes that may be made in degree requirements.

In order to become a full major, a student must first meet with the academic adviser: 202 JFB, (801) 581-7910.  All students must have a 2.0 GPA and pass all physics courses.

All new transfer students are required to meet with an adviser and attend an orientation session before they can register for their first semester at the University of Utah. For more information about how credits will transfer and when to apply to the University of Utah, please visit the Transfer Center.

Last Updated: 9/6/19