Meet Your Advisor
Crocker Science Center 240
A graduate of Utah State University with a degree in Physical Sciences Education, Cyri also has minors in physics and chemistry teaching. She is currently working on a Masters of Public Administration degree at the U. Originally from Idaho, she returned to Utah after living in the Midwest and teaching middle school science and engineering in Arizona. She loves camping, sports, Wonder Woman, and her dog, Roka. Cyri is excited for the opportunity to work with students in Physics & Astronomy at the University of Utah.
- Declaring a department major or minor.
- Explaining University graduation requirements, including general education, bachelor’s degree and course requirements for physics.
- Developing an educational plan that includes scheduling, timing and using the Degree Audit system.
- Connecting with University, College, and departmental opportunities and resources.
- Evaluating physics transfer credits.
- Navigating the system from admissions to graduation and everything in between.
- Discussing anything regarding your education at the U of U.
Drop In Hours
Spring Semester 2020
Monday: 1:00-3:00 pm
CSC Advising Hive
Tuesday: by appointment only
Wednesday: 9:00-11:00 am
CSC Advising Hive
Thursday: 2:00-3:00 pm
Friday: by appointment only
Changes to Drop In Hours:
Wednesday, February 12th-
Thursday, February 13th-
no drop in hours
Director of Undergraduate Studies
John Belz, Ph.D.
Professor John Belz is the Director of Undergraduate Studies. In this role, he also has the opportunity to meet with current and prospective students to discuss degree programs and opportunities in the Department.
Honors Faculty Advisor
Anil Seth, Ph.D.
Professor Anil Seth is the Department of Physics and Astronomy's liaison to the Honors College. He can help you with finding research opportunities and is the person who will approve your Honors Thesis. Please meet with Professor Seth to discuss how Honors works with Physics and Astronomy.
Students in physics desiring to enter the fields of medicine (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, osteopathy, optometry, etc.) or law are encouraged to meet with the Pre-professional advisors at the Academic Advising Center.
Students in physics interested in entering the field of medicine are also encouraged to meet with Professor Richard Ingebretsen ( email@example.com ) to review application materials.