Physics 3730/6720 Preliminary Check of the Assignment
If you like, you may do a crude preliminary check of your assignment
before you submit (or resubmit) it. The checking usually consists of
making sure the required file is there and, in the case of a
programming exercise, whether your code will compile and run against
some test data. Here is how.
- Collect your submission files in one of your directories.
- In that directory run (e.g. for assignment 2 exercises 1,2,3, and
check_my_assign.sh a02 ex1 ex2 ex3 ex4 > myreport
- Look at the file myreport for results.
Please note these disclaimers and warnings:
- This script will look for required submission files in the
current directory only.
- It does not look at any files you submitted, so you are still
responsible for submitting them yourself.
- Only a preliminary check is done. So the score reported may be
changed after further checking by the grader.
- While checking compilations, etc, this script may write
compilation output files to your current directory. If you want to
keep your own versions of these files, put them elsewhere before
running this script. However, this script will not change the
required submission files.
- You may rerun this script as often as you like.
- If you try running this command from an account that was not
created specifically for this class and get "Command not found"
chances are you need to copy the file
~p6720/dotfiles/.customs.cshrc into your
home directory. The next time you log in, you should be able to
run this command.
Physics 3730/6720 Home Page
Physics Department Home Page
This page is maintained by:
Carleton DeTar Mail Form
Last modified 5 September 2002