Physics 6720: The Gnu info system
The Gnu info system documents a wide variety of Gnu packages on our
system. The top level of the info tree is accessed either from the
command line by typing the command info or inside emacs through
the command C-h i.
Here are the most frequently used commands for navigating the system.
- Use standard emacs commands to move around the page.
- ? gives you a list of all the commands.
- Once you find an item you want to look at, select it
by typing m followed by the name of the menu item.
You are descending into node or branch of the tree (an inverted
tree). For example, typing mgsl-ref takes you to the
reference pages for the Gnu Scientific Library.
You can also select a menu item by moving the cursor
to the menu item and hitting the "Enter" key.
- Typing u takes you back up the tree.
- n takes you to the next node.
- p backs you up to the previous node.
- d takes you back to the top-level menu.
- q quits.
Physics Department Home
This page is maintained by:
Carleton DeTar Mail Form
Last modified 27 October 2007