- Physics 7720 -
Schedule: MW 2:00pm - 3:20pm
Location: JTB 320
Instructor: Pearl Sandick
Office: 210 INSCC
Office Hours: M 3:30 - 5:00pm
Spacetime and Geometry:
An Introduction to General Relativity
by Sean M. Carroll
Several other textbooks are on
reserve at the Marriott Library.
Hit the reload button to make sure you get the most recent announcements.
- Dec. 5: Last day of class! FYI, solutions to Homeworks 4 and 5 are posted.
- Nov. 26: Homework assignment 6 is posted.
- Nov. 14: Midterm solutions are back up. After averaging your two scores, six students scored 19 or above. More importantly, your new homework assignment is Chapter 5 problems 3 and 4(a), due Tuesday, Nov. 20th at 5pm.
- Oct. 24: Congratulations on making it through the Midterm Exam! Homework 4 is posted, as well as Solutions to the exam.
- Oct. 19: Solutions to Assignment 3 have been posted. There's no new homework this week - study for the exam!
- Oct. 17: The deadline for Assignment 3 has been extended until Friday at 5pm.
- Oct. 3: The solutions to Assignment 2 have been updated (minor changes). Refresh the page to download the new solutions.
- Sept. 26: Assignment 3 and solutions to Assignment 2 have been posted.
- Sept. 18: Solutions to Assignment 1 have been posted.
- Sept. 12: Homework Assignment 2 is posted on the Assignments page. Solutions to Assignment 1 coming soon. Also, I've updated the calendar with the midterm date and the dates homework will be due throughout the semester. The midterm will take place on October 24th.
- Sept. 7: A hint for Carroll problem 1.10 has been posted on the Assignments page.
- Aug. 27, 2012: The first homework assignment has been posted (and will be handed out in class). Check the Assignments page if you weren't in class today.
- Our first class will be on Monday, August 20th.
Physics Department Home Page
U of U Content
This page is maintained by Pearl Sandick.