- Physics 7720 -
Schedule: MW 3:00pm - 4:20pm
Location: JFB 210
Instructor: Pearl Sandick
Office: 210 INSCC
Office Hours: M 4:30 - 5:30pm
Grader: Takahiro Yamamoto
Spacetime and Geometry:
An Introduction to General Relativity
by Sean M. Carroll
Several other textbooks are on
reserve at the Marriott Library.
Online Resources: There are WAY too
many GR resources to list, but a nice
reference for tensor calculus is Lichnerowicz's
Elements of Tensor Calculus.
Hit the reload button to make sure you get the most recent announcements.
- Nov. 26: Homework 5 is posted.
- Nov. 11: BIG HINT posted for Homework 4 on the assignments page!
- Nov. 10: Homework 4 is posted.
- Oct. 24: Reminder: I will be lecturing from UH on October 27tha dn 29th. A fill-in-the-blank style outline is available here. Please print them off before class on Monday!
- Oct. 20: Homework 3 is now posted.
- Oct. 2: Graded Homework 2's are in your mailboxes. If you have questions or would like to look at the solutions, please stop by my office.
- The midterm exam will take place during class on Monday, October 6th.
- Homework 2 is posted.
- Don't forget - Monday is Labor Day. See you on Wednesday, Sept. 3rd.
- The first homework assignment is posted. Check the assignments page!
- Our first class will be on Monday, August 25th. See you then!
Physics Department Home Page
U of U Content
This page is maintained by Pearl Sandick.