- Completed Apply Yourself application
- Unofficial transcripts
- 3-5 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (3 parts)
- CV/ Résumé
- English language proficiency score (Int’l only, must be official)
- Submit no later than January 15, 2022.
Preparing Your Application
- Carefully read the application requirements.
- Obtain copies of unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions. Official copies are required immediately upon admission. International students must include an official English translation, if applicable.
- Ask your instructor, employer, mentor, PI, or other references if they can provide a letter of recommendation. Don’t wait until January.
- Update your CV.
- Reflect on what type of experience you want to have in graduate school, what you hope to accomplish during your studies, and your goals following a PhD. This will help you narrow down your top programs and refine your personal statement.
- Write your personal statement and format the table of relevant coursework.
- Have someone review your personal statement for grammar, content, and length.
- Schedule your English language proficiency exam (int'l only).
- Contact current graduate students and researchers to learn more about our department.
- Read the research pages to determine if our institution suits your interests.
- Carefully fill out all required Apply Yourself sections.
- Be thorough. Upload the Personal Statement as one PDF. Do not include photographs on the CV or personal statement.
- Letters of Recommendation are requested by the applicant in Apply Yourself.
- Upload all unofficial transcripts.
- Fill out the financial aid portion if you want to receive departmental assistance. Conversely, list any fellowships or graduate funding you have been awarded.
- Make sure to submit! If you omit necessary information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do not wait until January 15 to submit materials as exceptions are not made for system processing and time zone related delays.
Keep in Mind
- The application closes January 15th, 2022. Reviews take place until late February and admission offers are sent in March.
- Application fee waivers are available by request to email@example.com
- GRE scores are not required and will not be considered.
- Unofficial transcripts accepted for application. Official required upon admission.
- Official English proficiency scores are required.
- Acceptance deadline is April 15, 2022.