- Completed Apply Yourself application
- Unofficial transcripts
- 3-5 letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (essay and table)
- CV/ Résumé. The CV should be uploaded in the Curriculum vitae/resume section of ApplyYourself.
- English language proficiency score (Int’l only, must be official)
- Submit no later than January 15, 2023.
Preparing Your Application
- Carefully read the application requirements. Exceptions are not made.
- Before emailing questions, review the content and check the FAQ. It's likely your question is answered in these pages.
- Obtain copies of unofficial transcripts from all postsecondary institutions. Official copies are required immediately upon admission. International students must include an official English translation, if applicable.
- Ask your instructor, employer, mentor, PI, or other references if they can provide a positive letter of recommendation. Don’t wait until January.
- Update your CV.
- Reflect on what type of experience you want to have in graduate school, what you hope to accomplish during your studies, and your goals following a PhD. This will help you narrow down your top programs and refine your personal statement.
- Write your personal statement and format the table of relevant coursework.
- Have someone review your personal statement for grammar, content, and length.
- Schedule your English language proficiency exam (int'l only).
- Contact current graduate students, postdocs, and researchers to learn more about our department.
- Read the research pages to determine if our institution suits your interests.
Keep in Mind
- The application closes January 15th, 2023. Reviews take place until late February and admission offers are sent in March.
- GRE scores are not required and will not be considered.
- Unofficial transcripts accepted for application. Official required upon admission.
- Official English proficiency scores are required. Unofficial scores can be submitted but belated official scores may delay or preclude admission.
- Acceptance deadline is April 15, 2023.
- Practice courtesy by reading the available information and allow 2 business days for a response if you do send an inquiry. Emailing multiple contacts the same question is considered unprofessional and will not elicit a faster response.