Academic Advisors are here to help you connect with university resources and opportunities so that you can maximize your undergraduate experience. We will assist you in exploring and declaring a physics major or minor, work with you to create an academic plan, and ensure that you understand graduation requirements such as general education, bachelor degree requirements, and course prerequisites. We are here to help you navigate the U of U from admission to graduation, and everything in between.
Due to concerns about COVID-19 and your health and safety, virtual appointments are available! Your appointment will still be helpful and purposeful, just as it normally would be.
If this is a concern for you, you need additional accommodations, or help navigating the online Cranium Cafe, please email Cyri directly at email@example.com.
For up-to-date information about other precautions the university is taking for COVID-19: https://dps.utah.edu/coronavirus/
Meet Your Advisor
(801) 587-0650 | firstname.lastname@example.org
A graduate of Utah State University with a degree in Physical Sciences Education, Cyri also has minors in physics and chemistry teaching. She is currently working on a Masters of Public Administration degree at the U. Originally from Idaho, she returned toUtah after living in the Midwest and teaching middle school science and engineering in Arizona. She loves camping, sports, Wonder Woman, and her dog, Roka. Cyri is excited for the opportunity to work with students in Physics & Astronomy at the University of Utah.
Scheduling an Appointment
- Declaring a department major or minor.
- Explaining university graduation requirements, including general education, bachelor’s degree and course requirements for physics.
- Developing an educational plan that includes scheduling, timing and using the Degree Audit system.
- Connecting with university, college, and departmental opportunities and resources.
- Evaluating physics transfer credits.
- Navigating the system from admissions to graduation and everything in between.
- Discussing anything regarding your education at the U of U.
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Anil Seth, Ph.D.330 INSCC | (801) 585-7793
Dr. Anil Seth is the Director of Undergraduate Studies. In this role, he also has the opportunity to meet with current and prospective students to discuss degree programs and opportunities in the Department.
Faculty Honors Advisor
Shanti Deemyad, Ph.D311 JFB | (801)585-5955
Dr. Shanti Deemyad serves as liaison to the Honors College. She can help you with finding research opportunities and is the person who will approve your Honors Thesis.
Students in physics desiring to enter the fields of medicine (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, osteopathy, optometry, etc.) or law are encouraged to meet with the Pre-professional advisors at the Academic Advising Center.Schedule an Appointment