Academic Advisors are here to help you connect with university resources and opportunities so that you can maximize your undergraduate experience. We are a friendly face and a part of your team for success. We will assist you in exploring and declaring a physics major or minor, work with you to create an academic plan, and ensure that you understand graduation requirements such as general education, bachelor degree requirements, and course prerequisites. We are here to help you navigate the U of U from admission to graduation, and everything in between!
Meet Your Advisors
Why should I meet with an advisor?
- Building a support system on campus.
- Declaring a department major or minor.
- Explaining university graduation requirements, including general education, bachelor’s degree and course requirements for physics.
- Developing an educational plan that includes scheduling, timing and using the Degree Audit system.
- Connecting with university, college, and departmental opportunities and resources.
- Navigating the system from admissions to graduation and everything in between.
- Overcoming challenges in academics and outside of the classroom.
- Discussing anything regarding your education at the U of U.
Anil Seth, Ph.D.330 INSCC | (801) 585-7793
Dr. Anil Seth is the Director of Undergraduate Studies. In this role, he also has the opportunity to meet with current and prospective students to discuss degree programs and opportunities in the Department.
Jordan Gerton464 INSCC | 801-585-0068
Jordan Gerton serves as liaison to the Honors College. He can help you with finding research opportunities and is the person who will approve your Honors Thesis.
Students in physics desiring to enter the fields of medicine (medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, osteopathy, optometry, etc.) or law are encouraged to meet with the Pre-professional advisors at the Academic Advising Center.Schedule an Appointment